Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Venetian and this thing called Little Nonya

Sidenote: Before I start, just a word about this Little Nonya garbage. I didn't watch a single episode and I already felt like kicking little nonya around, whoever she / he is. Seriously, that nonya actress is everywhere (I don't know her name at all). Doing some shitty commercial (I think it is some international buffet at some Sakurai restaurant), signing some more shitty autographs in some shopping centres in her nonya costume and worst of all, this Little Nonya end of production get-together on CNY. You would agree it is television drivel and garbage at the highest degree. They spent the whole hour patting each other on the back on a job well done and heaping praises on the uniqueness of the Nonya culture. It is like a sugary orgy of mutual/collective blowjobs. I was praying someone (like this badass looking bald guy in a corner) would whip out an axe and chop all the nonyas up, laugh manically into the camera and then ran away while the production crew started screaming.

And they interviewed some person on the street and she said, "oh, I am a nonya but I didn't know so much about my culture until I watch this show!" Like Mr T would say back in the 80's, "You Fool!" You are a disgrace to your own heritage, so shut up before you embarrass yourself further.

I didn't watch the Final Chapter. My guess is that it is father and mother of all methamphetamine hydrochloride aka trash. So no further comments are needed.

When I am free, I am going to call my friend who is the curator of the Nonya Museum in Singapore. Nobody knows nonya culture more than my friend who is hands down, the authority on this issue on this island. I am going to ask him what this bullshit show is all about.
Where was I? Ah, the Venetian. One of the most beautiful hotels in Vegas. It has exquisite architecture and is famous for its canals built to resemble the original at Venice.
There was even a boatman rowing the boat. Too bad the weather was so cold that no one wanted a ride on the boat.

The interior was like a palace.
Again, the ceiling was like a work of art. I wonder how long it took for the artists to paint the ceiling.
Nice.

2 Comments:

Blogger vanilla said...

LOL... Wk insisted that I should read your blog on Little Nonya... He is fast becoming your blog fan..

Is that you in the pic? The coat by your tailor?

10:48 PM  
Blogger Captain Obvious said...

Yes, the same coat. My friend took a shot of me from behind as I was walking down the hall.

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home