Monday, January 05, 2009

Leaving on a jet plane

Departing from New York back to Singapore in couple of hours time. Spent the last couple of hours walking down the familiar streets which I traversed daily in rain and snow. My favourite bartender poured me a grey goose on the rocks for my farewell drink. Shopping in Times Square for souvenirs.

I will miss this place. Maybe I can make it an annual thing to come to New York for the winter. But it wouldn't be the same really. Like all trips, it is not the place but the company that one had when travelling.

2 Comments:

Blogger vanilla said...

I felt an aching pain in my heart when I read this.

It's been a long time since we had nice memories.

4:17 AM  
Blogger Captain Obvious said...

Yeah, the ache is still there. NY is a special place. There are also other special places in the US which are really nice.

Especially since I know there is a pile of work waiting for me tomorrow.

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home