Thursday, August 17, 2006

Home Truths II

It has been a productive 7 days stay in Singapore. Let's see:

(a) I handed over S$50,000 of my life savings to a pretty girl in suit in an useless financial plan which will bear fruit 15 years later. Sneaky. (See earlier entry)

(b) I handed another S$30,000 in CPF savings to the said girl. Bastard.

(c) I borrowed and read a book (Terry Pratchett : Wee Free Men) from the National Library within a few days.

(d) I seen three movies. Super Ex-Girlfriend (silly), Dragon Tiger Gate (decent but low expectations anyway) and Click (AWESOME. Adam Sandler rules my world).

(e) I bought two pairs of shoes.

(f) I bought a 7-iron golf club and two spanking new high-tech gloves.

(g) I bought another two books by Tom Harper and a Lonely Planet "Austria".

(h) I applied and gotten my spanking new Biometric passport as well as a new IC. Cool.

Not to mention friends met and acquaintances reacquainted. The sad thing is of course to say farewell to my parents. For some reason, it is getting harder and harder each time.

2 Comments:

Blogger vanilla said...

hmmm... you should be coming home next year.. just look forward to it lo.

6:35 PM  
Blogger Captain Obvious said...

I am back at work and already fantasizing about my next trip back. It is going to be a long day.

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home