Thursday, August 17, 2006

Home truths

I just blew S$50,000 in signing up for an insurance policy mixed with some aspects of unit trusts investment throw in. I only get my $ back after a period of (wait for this), 15 years. Yeah, I see all these so-called promised glorious returns only after 15 freaking years. When I am 46 years old. Oh god.

And if it wasn't excessive enough, I decided that hey, if I went mad, why not go all the way to the depths of financial insanity? So like a hardcore gambler on his last bet or an alocholic guzzling his last booze bottle at last chance saloon, I authorised another S$30,000 from my CPF into a trust fund (some Allianze investment stuff - which sounds suspiciously like a German Tank or something from a video game).

S$80,000 in a day. OH NO.

How this came about was a complicated story. Hmm, actually it wasn't. The background as to how I blow S$80,000 in investments and funds which are too technical for laymen like me to understand is strikingly similar to all my friends' stories. Or should I say, all my GUY friends.

Yep, some pretty girl in a suit just rambled something and appeared professional and we are sold. SOLD like slaves on a Roman galley, I tell you. After stepping out of the bank holding a stack of documents, I felt like an Eskimo holding a bag of ice cubes outside 7-11 thinking "hmm, what am I supposed to buy inside the shop actually?"

Again and again, it has proven that an attractive girl in a suit can make a guy hand over his life savings. On Wednesday, I sniggered at my guy friend over a cup of coffee near UOB Plaza when I heard that he signed over his life savings to some girl in a suit which cornered him in Shenton Way. I thought I was immune but alas. The charms of the wily pretty girl in business suit who is armed with graphs and investment trends are too great for me to deal with.

Beware of pretty girls in business suits.

I am going to cut back on the crispy pork leg and start to jog more. I am determine to live to 46 at least just to see the returns.

3 Comments:

Blogger vanilla said...

Aiyo, you bought insurance from a pussy...

Ha... my ex boss used to tell me "sex sells" and he never employs man.

How true... hee hee...

6:36 PM  
Blogger Captain Obvious said...

Obviously, your ex-boss knew exactly how men's brains worked. Pretty slim girls in suits are deadly especially if she gives the impression that she knows what she is talking about.

12:08 AM  
Blogger vanilla said...

My ex boss is a guy.

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home